Agencies Release FAQs About ACA and CAA, 2021 Implementation
August 21, 2021
On Saturday afternoon, the Departments of Labor, Health and Human Services (HHS), and the Treasury (collectively, the Departments) issued twelve (12) Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) regarding implementation of certain provisions of the Affordable Care Act (ACA) and certain provisions of title I (the No Surprises Act) and title II (Transparency) of Division BB of the Consolidated Appropriations Act, 2021 (the CAA).
These 12 Q&As address:
- Transparency in Coverage Machine-Readable Files
- Price Comparison Tools
- Transparency in Plan or Insurance Identification Cards
- Good Faith Estimate
- Advanced Explanation of Benefits
- Prohibition on Gag Clauses on Price and Quality Data
- Protecting Patients and Improving the Accuracy of Provider Directory Information
- Continuity of Care
- Grandfathered Health Plans
- Reporting on Pharmacy Benefits and Drug Costs
Some effective dates are delayed.
For a copy of these twelve Q/As, please click on the link below: